First Assembly of God Family,
During the last two weeks our messages have surrounded the theme of PATIENCE. As we all adjust to being out of our comfort zones with all these changes, we ask that you would exercise PATIENCE, a fruit of the Holy Spirit. The leadership is being stretched and challenged like never before and we feel your frustration. Your cooperation and sincere patience and prayer are greatly appreciated during this time.
We have been given 20+ pages of mandatory guidelines from New York state and federal law requirements that we are required to adhere to in order to maintain our liability insurance coverage and protection for all attendees in our services. Hygiene, cleaning, and disinfection guidelines from the CDC and DOH will be adhered to.
What to expect when you come to the reopening of First Assembly of God, Plattsburgh:
RE-OPENING GUIDELINES (as of June 12, 2020)
- PLEASE DO NOT ENTER if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, if you knowingly been in close or proximate contact in the past 14 days with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has or had symptoms of COVID-19, if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, and/or if you have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- CAPACITY: We are operating at 25% capacity, which is 112 people. Please choose either 8:30 AM or 11:00 AM worship service to attend.
- REMAIN 6 FEET APART or wear a face covering. Face coverings can be removed once seated; chairs and pews are set at 6 feet apart. Prepare to don a face covering if another person unexpectantly comes within 6 feet when walking to seats and in the foyer.
- PLEASE DO NOT MOVE OR ADD CHAIRS OR REMOVE TAPED OFF SECTIONS OF PEWS.
- PLEASE SIT WITH ONLY MEMBERS OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD.
- DURING SINGING, PLEASE WEAR A MASK (if not more than 12 feet apart)
- NO SHAKING HANDS OR HUGGING (SORRY). Please avoid physical contact.
- NO DINNERS OR MEALS at church.
- NO NURSERY OR CHILDREN’S CHURCH until further notice.
- ENTRY: Attendees enter through the main A-frame entrance only. All other entries will be locked. Please wait for an usher to seat you to make sure we have plenty of room for everyone.
- EXIT: Wait for an usher to exit. Attendees exit as follows:
- Main sanctuary – exit through A-frame exit.
- Overflow – exit through ramp exit.
- Exit from rear to front to avoid crossing paths.
- GREETERS & USHERS: MUST WEAR MASKS AT ALL TIMES. Frequently wash or sanitize hands.
- RESTROOMS: Please do not “congregate” around restrooms. If you are in the foyer you must have a face covering on. Disinfectant spray and wipes are available to use before and after using the restroom. The restrooms are to be sanitized following every service by the sanitization team. Restrooms will be closed for cleaning from 9:45 AM to 10:15 AM.
- SANITIZATION STATIONS: There are sanitization stations at each entrance. Also in the main foyer is a sanitization station with sanitizer, wipes, tissues, masks, and gloves. Please sanitize hands upon entering the building and following use of shared areas.
- OFFERING: We will not be passing the offering bags. If you wish to continue your giving to First Assembly of God there are offering boxes next to both exits. You can also choose to give online at www.plattsburghag.org or mail your offering to the church.
- All hymnals and Bibles have been removed to avoid passing viruses.
- SMALL GROUPS: All small group meetings must maintain the 25% capacity and 6 feet distancing at all times. This includes:
- Sunday School classes
- Youth Group
- Men’s Ministry
- Women’s Ministry
- Prayer Meeting
- SANITIZING: The sanitization team will thoroughly clean the sanctuary and all used classrooms following every service according to CDC and DOH guidelines. If you would like to join our sanitization team please see Rita Alford or Pastor Jim.
- Please keep moving around to a minimum.
May the Lord continue to bless and protect you and your family. You are loved and appreciated!
Your Pastors: Pastor Michael San Soucie, Pastor Jim Miller, Pastor John Osborn